Providing the most up-to-date guides on seasonal fruit & vegetables, with recipes for bringing out their peak flavor.
September fruit & vegetables
Seasonal fruits & vegetables for September will vary slightly at farmers markets depending on your region.
In-depth produce guides
- Why cucumbers are bitter & how to fix it
- Why blackberries are bitter & how to fix it
- How to safely can jams, jellies, and preserves
- How to make apple butter & recipe for canning
- Apple varieties: flavor & cooking notes
- Apple butter: testing cooking methods
- Apple recipes & the best varieties to use
- Nasturtium guide: what's edible & how to use it
More seasonal recipes
This is your first and most popular category of recipes, so explain what makes this so popular.
About The Food Geek
I'm here to provide information to help you enjoy the best fruits & vegetables each season has to offer. This includes ripeness indicators, farming & transportation effects on flavor, and food pairings based on chemical analysis.