A place for fruit & vegetable guides currently in season, along with recipes for bringing out their peak flavor.
It's soup season!
This month, try a new soup recipe on a cold night. Butternut squash is a staple vegetable throughout winter thanks to its long storage capabilities. Root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery root, carrots, and parsnips also make excellent soups this season.
Fruits & vegetables in season for February
Seasonal fruits & vegetables for February will vary slightly for regions with year-round farmers markets.
In the garden
It's hard to beat the flavor of food grown in your own garden. Whether your grow a tomato on an apartment balcony, or have a yard with a dedicated garden, everyone can do it!
Using fruits & vegetables in the kitchen
- Testing lemon bar recipes: 3 crusts & 3 fillings
- How to make apple butter & recipe for canning
- Peach bourbon jam (small batch)
- How to safely can jams, jellies, and preserves
- Why cucumbers are bitter & how to fix it
- Apple recipes & the best varieties to use
- How much do canning jars cost & where to buy them
- How to reduce bitterness in candied orange peels
About The Food Geek
Welcome, I'm Veronica, your resident food geek - experienced recipe developer and gardener.
My goal is to help you enjoy eating at home by knowing what fruits & vegetables are currently in season and the best ways to use them. To do that, I've put together seasonal produce guides and recipes with practical advice.