Italian sub salad
Fast weeknight meal that requires practically no prep (and really doesn't need a recipe).
Servings: 2 people
- 4 cups lettuce iceberg or romaine
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted olives your favorite kind
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup pepperoncini
- 2 ounces salami or pepperoni, etc
- 2 ounces ham
- 2 ounces provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ baguette or leftover bread, bagels, etc
- ½ Tbsp olive oil for toasting
Cut bread into bite-size pieces and toss with olive oil and salt. Toast.
Whisk dressing ingredients together (or use your favorite store-bought Italian dressing).
Mix all ingredient together to make the salad.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1729mg | Potassium: 778mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1633IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 325mg | Iron: 4mg